You are here
How to become a member of the SoR
The Society of Radiographers can claim to be the only organisation that truly represents the interests of you and your colleagues.
Membership is open to anyone working in clinical imaging, radiotherapy and oncology.
There is no other organisation that represents all of the radiographic workforce - practitioners, helpers, assistant practitioners, support workers and student radiographers.
Have a look at the latest membership guide here.
Want to join online now? Click the join now button below.
If you are a newly qualified radiographer, please contact us on 020 7740 7200, option 1, to upgrade your student membership. Creating an online membership could result in any free membership period being invalidated.
You can either join online now or print and complete the correct application form that you will find at the bottom of the screen.
If you would like to be posted copies of any of these forms please contact the membership department on 020 7740 7200 (option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subscription year runs from 1 October to 30 September and the fees are given in the table below.
|Membership category||Annual rate (2016/17)||Monthly rate (2016/17)|
|Accredited Assistant Practitioner||£122.00||£10.16|
|Associated Professional (non radiographer)||£256.00||£21.33|
|Qualified radiographer in the UK||£256.00||£21.33|
|International (does not include PII cover)||£125.00||£10.41|
|Retired (not working)||£60.00||£5.00|
|Student radiographer (1st years FREE)||£48.00||£4.00|
Notes on membership categories and subscription rates
- Please note that applications for membership as Associated Professionals must go through our approval process and this can take up to 4 weeks.
- For more details of the different membership categories see the Society of Radiographers Handbook.
- Frequently asked questions and answers about professional indemnity insurance can be found here.
- Members are eligible for the reduced rate if their gross income from all employment sources is less than Agenda for Change band 5 point 16 (£21,909 from 1 April 2016 until 31 March 2017). They must complete the Reduced rate subscription application form.
- Radiographers returning to practice after 2 years or more out of the profession are eligible for 3 months free membership when undertaking clinical practice to achieve HCPC registration.
- Qualified radiographers in the UK who are also members of the University and College Union are eligible for a 25% discount.
- Students studying on overseas programmes approved by the College of Radiographers can apply for student membership of the SoR. The SoR’s Professional Indemnity Insurance benefit does not apply to student members of SoR studying on CoR approved overseas programmes.
- Some Education Institutions subscribe to a package of services from the SCoR which includes membership for their students.
- Students and Trainee assistant practitioners at an education institutions in the UK can pay an additional annual fee to receive paper copies of Synergy News and Synergy: Imaging & Therapy Practice by post (£24 at 2016/17 rates).
- International members can pay an additional annual fee of £78.00 to receive paper copies of Synergy News and Synergy Imaging & Therapy Practice which includes delivery mail (sent by airmail: additional £27 European Community; £45 rest of the world).
- Members of the Society of Vascular Technology for Great Britain and Ireland can purchase Professional Indemnity Insurance only for an annual fee of £85.
If you have any questions about the above notes, please contact the SoR membership department on 020 7740 7200 (option 1) or email@example.com.
- Direct debit in monthly instalments. If you are submitting a paper application form, also complete the direct debit form.
- Credit or debit card payment in advance. If you are submitting a paper application form, write at the top of the form that you wish to pay by credit/debit card and we will contact you to take payment when we are processing your application.
- Cheque payment in advance (if you are submitting a paper application form). Please contact the membership department on 020 7740 7200 to obtain the remaining amount due for this subscription year. Cheques should be made payable to ‘The Society of Radiographers Subscription Account’.