Website terms and conditions
Thank you for using our website. When we refer to the Website we are referring to any website in the domain sor.org, the website sor.cpdnow.net and the website www.radiographycareers.co.uk. Any use by you of the Website is conditional on your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and our Privacy Statement.
If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you should leave the Website immediately and make no further use of it. If you continue to access and use the Website then this will constitute your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Your attention is drawn in particular to the following sections below. "Warranties and Liabilities" and "Your Obligations"
The Website is operated by the Society of Radiographers ("We" or "Us" or "Our"). We are a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under company number 00169483 and have our registered office at 207 Providence Square, Mill Street, London SE1 2EW. Our VAT number is 234 9654 41.
We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by amending this page. You must check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.
If you have any comments or questions or are uncertain about anything in these Terms and Conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the Society of Radiographers, 207 Providence Square, London SE1 2EW. We will try to respond to your queries as quickly as possible.
Members' Area and Registration
The Website contains a separate members' area ("Members' Area") which contains extensive information about Us and Our campaigns and activities, trade union and industrial relations, professional documents, education and CPD guidance, and activities you are entitled to attend in Regional Committees and National Councils.
You must not access the Members' Area unless you are a member of the Society of Radiographers. Details of subscription and membership can be found here.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of Our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by Us, at any time, if in Our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions.
Individuals may add comments on news stories. Although comments are currently moderated, We have no obligation to do this and We expressly exclude Our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of these Terms and Conditions, whether the service is moderated or not.
You warrant that you have all rights (including all intellectual property rights) to enable you to post and/or upload Contributions and to enable us to use Contributions as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Website.
We have the right to remove any Contributions you make on the Website if, in Our reasonable opinion, such Contributions do not comply with the following content standards:
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted and/or uploaded.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any intellectual property right such as copyright, database right or trade mark.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contributions emanate from Us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Intellectual Property rights
The contents of these pages are copyright The Society of Radiographers.
All materials, including images, logos, illustrations, designs, site layout, photographs, written and other text or script that are part of the Website together with all software compilations, underlying source code and software in the Website are protected by copyright, trade mark, design right and/or other worldwide intellectual property rights and are owned or controlled by or licensed to the Society of Radiographers.
You may print one copy of material on the Website for personal non-commercial use only, save as otherwise expressly permitted under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. Users may not otherwise download or copy, reproduce, store in any medium (including any other website), distribute, transmit, re-transmit, modify or show in public any part of the Website without Our prior written consent. Any requests to reproduce materials should be addressed to the Society of Radiographers at 207 Providence Square, Mill Street, London SE1 2EW.
Warranties and Liabilities
Although We aim to ensure that the information and content provided on the Website is accurate and consistent with current knowledge and practice, please be aware that all information on the Website is provided on an 'as is' basis. We expressly disclaim and exclude all warranties, conditions, representations and terms, whether express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise, with respect to the Website or the information, content, materials, goods or services included in the Website including, without limitation, as to the accuracy or completeness of the Website, as to whether it is up to date and as to the condition of any goods or services displayed or provided. If you believe the content of these pages to be inaccurate or out of date, or you would like to make any comments, then please contact us at email@example.com .
The content of the Website is intended to provide general information only and must not be used as an alternative to professional advice for medical diagnosis or treatment. The information and content on the Website is not intended to replace a consultation with an appropriately qualified health professional. Medical knowledge and practice is always changing and you may require specific advice that cannot be addressed on the Website.
We do not warrant that the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the materials.
Access to the Website may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time for any reason. By using the Website, you acknowledge that you assume full responsibility for all costs associated with any necessary servicing or repairs of any equipment that you use in connection with the Website.
To the extent permitted by law, We will have no liability to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss (including loss of profit), cost or damage (whether indirect, consequential, or otherwise) suffered in connection with the following:
- Any errors or omissions in materials published on the Website by third parties or in any other documents or sites which may be referred to or linked to by such material, including links to third party sites. We are also not responsible for the availability of any of these linked sites.
- Your use of the Website or from use of information passed through the Website or services offered by the Website, even if we are aware of the possibility of such loss.
- Any delay or failure to perform, if the delay or failure is due to a cause beyond Our reasonable control.
- Suspension, restricted or termination of access to the Website for any reason.
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill or wasted management or office time.
- Any material or information uploaded to the Website by a third party.
- Any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code harmful that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- Any other website or material which We provide a link to on our Website.
We do not however exclude or limit our liability in respect of death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. This paragraph takes precedence over anything else in these Terms and Conditions.
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Website in contravention of these Terms and Conditions.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Website; any equipment or network on which the Website is stored; any software used in the provision of the Website; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in Our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any of your Contributions to the Website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as We reasonably feel is appropriate.
You may link to the Website home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage Our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on Our part where none exists.
We comply with all of the applicable data protection laws. Please see our Privacy Statement for more details.
The English courts have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, the Website and these Terms and Conditions. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Website or these Terms and Conditions or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. This paragraph is subject to the paragraph below.
We may enforce Our rights in your country of residence or any other relevant country.