About the course
This two-day highly interactive CPD endorsed course is delivered virtually by officers from the Professional & Education and Trade Union & Industrial Relations teams of the SoR. It is free to attend for members and is aimed at future senior radiography managers (diagnostic and therapeutic).
The programme focuses on partnership working and professionalism, equipping delegates with knowledge and skills to tackle common workplace issues such as sickness absence management, bullying, and managing change.
Course dates 2023
See below for comments from previous course delegates:
- Very interesting course, developed my management skills even further after an MSc in Healthcare Management. Scenario situations were very helpful on how to tackle situations in the work place, have mentioned to colleagues about attending future courses. Excellent and professional course.
- Couldn’t fault the course. I honestly felt empowered and refreshed when leaving.
- The course exceeded my expectations. It was exactly what I was looking for as a deputy manager inexperienced in managing staffing issues and change management. I would certainly recommend this course to others
- The course was well run with excellent content. Having been approached to consider a management role I felt the course alleviated many of my concerns and made it feel much more achievable.
- On reflection I think I learned much more than I thought I had during the course, made me more aware of how to create positive working environments, how to deal with staff interactions, stay positive to lead the team through the hard times all come to mind. Great networking also.
- This was an excellent and worthwhile course. I am a recently appointed Principal Radiographer and have been feeling quite overwhelmed at times. This course has improved my confidence and working through situations has been really useful.
- I feel enthusiastic, so just want to say a big thank you because I feel more confident about applying for a promoted post
- Would recommend this course to anyone either in management or aspiring to be. Thank you
How to apply
To apply for a place on the course please complete the online form below.
- You must be a member and have the support of your senior manager
- Submission of an expression of interest does not guarantee a place on the course
- Places are limited to 24 spaces per course
- Friday 17 February 2023 (for March)
- Friday 20 October 2023 (for November)
Please ensure you indicate which course you are applying for in your email. Places are limited to a maximum of 24 delegates for each course.
If you have any questions or require further information please contact Alexandra Lipton.