The British Association of MR Radiographers promotes the professional development of radiographers and other associated professionals within the specialty of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), through encouraging and developing educational forums and conferences.
The Association also looks to provide guidance and information to the members of the Association in all areas of MRI, and endeavors to provide a collective and democratic forum through which radiographers and other professionals can guide the development of practice within the specialty.
The co-ordination of the Associations activities is overseen and undertaken by an elected Policy Board which includes a President, President Elect, Secretary and Treasurer and consists of up to 15 individuals who are full members of BAMRR and are working in different regions of the UK and Ireland.
Aims of the Association
- To promote education and knowledge by encouraging and facilitating Continued Professional Development for radiographers and other professionals associated with radiography and of students within the field of MRI.
- To encourage and facilitate the exchange of information between professional bodies and individuals within the field of MRI by encouraging and developing educational forums and conferences, the support of research and the publication of papers
The aims of the Association are currently achieved by:
- Holding regular meetings of the Policy Board. These are conducted three times per year at a venue chosen by the Policy Board.
- Production of two editions of a newsletter per year.
- Development and organisation of short, validated courses that provide educational forums for MR radiographers and practitioners with varying levels of experience, knowledge and skills.
- Organisation of an Annual Conference and AGM at venues all across the UK and Ireland.
- Providing members with access to experts and information forums, thereby encouraging sharing of ideas and knowledge within the membership.
- Encouraging members to develop their skills and confidence to present their specialist knowledge to their peers through conferences and publications.
Visit the website here or contact [email protected] for more information.