MR Safety Advice Sheets
A series of MR Safety advice sheets was published by the BIR as part of the 2018 MR Safety Week Activities
The sheets were put together by the BIR MR Special Interest group and consist of the following:
- Scanning without device manufacturers approval of MRI safety
- SAR and B1+ RMS
- Static Magnetic Field
- Maximum Spatial Gradient
- Time-varying Magnetic Field Gradients
All can be downloaded from the BIR website
International committee on Non-ionising radiation protection ICNIRP
1. ICNIRP Guidelines for the protection of workers moving in or exposed to static magnetic fields. 2014.
2. ICNIRP Guidelines on exposure to static magnetic fields. 2009
3. ICNIRP Statement on medical magnetic resonance (MR) procedures: protection of patients. 2004.
4. ICNIRP 2009 Amendment to the Statement on medical magnetic resonance (MR) procedures: protection of patients (2004).
Risk Assessment Templates
The BIR MR Safety Working Party has developed generic risk assessment templates to assist employers which can be found within the Risk Assessments section of their webiste.
Download an MRI burn prevention poster for your department, produced by the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine and available in 5 different languages
MR Safety Top tips poster
Radiological Society of the Netherlands
Using MR safely practical rules for employees
Gadolinium Containing Contrast Agents GDCA
Gadolinium containing contrast agents- new advice to minimise the risk of NSF -2010
IPEM MR Safety Notices
Free to download here