Rep of the Year celebrates conscientious individuals who represent SoR members in the workplace. If you have an accredited workplace representative who goes that extra mile for their colleagues - why not nominate them for this award!
- To make a nomination, please complete the online form below.
- Once your nomination is submitted it will go to your regional committee or national council for consideration.
- Only members of the Society of Radiographers can nominate a rep and please note the nominated rep must be an accredited Society representative working in the fields of industrial relations, learning or health and safety.
- The deadline for nominations is noon on Friday 29 April 2022
- Regional and national committees will select winners from the nominations received and then a panel of judges (which includes the Society’s President) will choose an overall UK winner.
- All winners will be presented with their awards at a special summer ceremony.
Writing your nomination
When nominating a rep, please provide as much evidence as possible. You want your nominee to stand out and to clearly demonstrate why they are the best. Consider:
- Is there something particularly special the rep has done?
- Are they someone who consistently defends their colleagues and makes sure that everyone's voice is heard?
- Have they championed the work of the department and the individuals in it?
- Have they negotiated a particularly good deal for the members they represent?
- Are they always available to talk and listen to members?
- Do they try and work in partnership with managers, whilst making sure that members' interests are being looked after?
- What actions has the individual actually taken to improve things for individuals, or for the department?
- Did they take the lead and organise everyone during the days of industrial action?
- The winner of the SoR UK Rep of the Year 2022 will receive £250 and a certificate, while each of the regional/national winners will receive £100 and a certificate.