The College of Radiographers (CoR) has launched a new bursary to support the next generation of therapeutic radiographers.
Each year the Valerie Carr Award, made possible due to a generous legacy, will provide support for five individuals to study and graduate in pre-registration therapeutic radiography in England and Wales.
The College is aware of the financial challenges that can stand in the way of some who aspire to train as therapeutic radiographers. The award is open to:
- support workers already based in radiotherapy
- individuals looking to study therapeutic radiography as a second degree
What you need to know
- The Valerie Carr Award provides up to £6k per year for students in Wales; and payment of tuition fees for a three-year degree in Radiotherapy/Therapeutic Radiography in England
- Eligible programmes include full-time or part-time pre-registration courses in England or Wales approved by the College of Radiographers and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Applications need to be made directly to the College of Radiographers after first registering your interest using this form (once you have done this you will receive a unique password to access the application form).
- The deadline for applications is Wednesday 1 December 2021
For more information about the Valerie Carr Award, please visit the College of Radiographers website.