Society members are being encouraged to take part in the European Federation of Radiographer Societies (EFRS)free radiation protection webinar series, with two more webinars being hosted in May.
For diagnostic radiographers, Episode 4: Exploring radiation benefits and risk to patients in CT will take place tomorrow (Tuesday, 12 May).
The learning objectives include:
- Review new statutory responsibilities regarding benefit risk communication
- Appreciate the difference radiation does metrics
- Consider standardised and evidence-based approaches to benefit/risk communication
For therapeutic radiographers, episode two in the series, titled Errors/accidents in Radiotherapy: learning from a clinical case, will take place on 20 May with guest speaker Gianfranco Brusadin, quality & risk manager at Roussy Cancer Campus.
You will learn how to:
- Understand how to analyse in practice a radiotherapy error
- Be aware of the contributing factors and the failure of several barriers in the organisation that could lead to an accident
- Draw up an action plan to share the learning and reduce risk error.
Charlotte Beardmore, the SCoR’s director of professional policy and EFRS vice-president, will be hosting all the radiotherapy sessions. You can view the full schedule here.
All webinars are available to watch live at 7pm (BST).