Health Education England and the National Institute of Health Research have launched their Integrated Clinical Academic Internships Scheme across the North of England region for 2018/19.
The scheme provides a range of both taught and academically supervised interventions that engage and expose the intern to the clinical academic research environment.
The scheme also provides applicants with the practical skills to undertake a research project supported by an expert clinical academic supervisor.
The key components to the internship programme are:
- a Clinical Academic Research Experience supported by supervision and research mentorship for 30 days.
- an Educational Learning Package comprising of 4 days face to face learning and 4 days equivalent online distance learning.
By the end of the programme participants will have the confidence to apply their newly learned skills within their employing trusts, become research champions, and consider a future clinical academic career to include formally accredited education programmes.
The application process follows three phases:
- All applicants are required to submit an Expression of Interest before Friday 20th April 2018. These will be assessed against the eligibility criteria.
- Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will be invited to submit a full application. The closing date for applications is Friday 4th May 2018. Applications will be shortlisted with the highest scoring applicants being invited to interview.
- Interviews will be held on Monday 18 June 2018 in Sheffield, Tuesday 19 June 2018 in Newcastle, and Thursday 21 June 2018 in Manchester. Where possible, you will be allocated an interview venue closest to your place of work.
Click here to apply and for further details.