Could you be a College of Radiographers assessor?

Published: 04 November 2019 Ezine

Highly experienced Society members working in clinical practice and education are needed to work as assessors for the College of Radiographers (CoR).

The role is to evaluate course submissions, education providers (academic or clinical departments), practice placements, and applications from individuals for accreditation.

Jacquie Vallis, SCoR professional officer responsible for education and accreditation, said: ‘Assessors are radiographers who are leading the service in their specific areas of practice and their work is vital to ensure that programmes being developed by education providers and approved by the CoR meet the developing needs of the service at all levels of practice’.

Applications are invited from members from clinical practice and university environments who would be interested in assessing:

  • Individual accreditation applications for assistant practitioners, advanced practitioners, consultant practitioners, and practice educators

  • Pre-registration and post-graduate education programmes

  • Individual modules

  • Short courses which confer competence

‘We especially need those who have strong experience in reporting images or running reporting programmes’, said Jacquie.

The benefits of becoming an assessor include the opportunity to raise your personal profile and acquire an element of non-clinical CPD as evidence for accreditation.

Potential applicants must be members of the Society of Radiographers and registered with the HCPC as a therapeutic or diagnostic radiographer. Clinical assessors should have a minimum of five years' clinical experience.

You can find out more on the work ofassessors, the required criteria and how to apply. The deadline for applications is noon on Friday 26 March 2021.