The HCPC has launched revised guidance on what happens if a complaint is raised against you or a member of your team.
The document provides information about the process a case will go through and the possible outcomes in the event a concern is raised about someone's fitness to practise.
New revisions to the document include:
- a new ‘What should I do’ section with information on communicating with the HCPC and contacting union or professional body representatives during an investigation;
- further information about initial enquiries and the standard of acceptance;
- further information about consent orders and discontinuance;
- a new pre-hearing timeline;
- a new section called ‘After the hearing’ which provides information about the publication of decisions; reviews and appeals; and
- information about the feedback process.
Download the guidance.