Section menu

You are here

Expert Witnesses and the CoR Register

Expert Witnesses

What's involved?

Mark Solon of Bond Solon Wilmington, who provide training for expert witnesses, wrote an introductory article for SoR members explaining how to become an expert witness and what it involves.

It is important that members who undertake expert witness work are aware of the professional indemnity insurance requirements - see below.

The CoR Register of Expert Witnesses

The College of Radiographers (CoR) administers a Register for individuals prepared to act as expert witnesses.

If you wish to have your name on the Register, please submit the application form. Before applying, please make sure that the following information is on hand to complete the application:

  • workplace details
  • details of any current registration
  • details of qualifications

Please complete the application form in full and it will be reviewed. Applicants will be advised if they have been accepted for inclusion on the Register.

If you have any enquiries about the CoR Register, please contact the College via our online form.

Professional indemnity insurance

Members of the Society who act as expert witnesses are covered for legal liability by the organisation's professional indemnity insurance policy as long as they are listed on the CoR Register of Expert Witnesses (see above) and they only accept work referred via the College's Register.

There is more information in the PII Frequently Asked Questions, which may be downloaded below. See Q24 for details of expert witness cover.

More information about Professional Indemnity Insurance.


Content tools

Accessibility controls

Text size